Monday, July 16

Wittgenstein's Mistress by David Markson


I gave up on this book after 20 pages. I tried. I really tried. But it was just so hard to read. Damn near impossible I must say.

Now, I have a fairly open mind, especially about books. I read just about everything and won't discount a book just because it's not "normal". But this book is beyond the realm of my capability.

It's a rambling monologue by an insane woman, who may or may not be the last person on earth. And when I say it's rambling, it really rambles on. Each paragraph is connected to the previous by a very tenuous thread which doesn't have any continuous thought (from what I read anyway). And when I say monologue, it is just that. An insane woman talking to herself. For the entire book.

Now, if this is something you find interesting and would like to read, I wish you the best. Don't forget to tell me what it's all about.


No comments: